Professional Midwifery Services include:
- Pre-conception consultations
- Homebirth, including water birth
- Comprehensive prenatal care in our office and your home
- Nutritional counseling
- Childbirth/Homebirth education classes
- Birth Pool use
- Postpartum care for mother & baby for first six weeks
- Newborn metabolic screening, heart and hearing screening.
- Breastfeeding support
- Referrals to complementary health providers and community resources
- Lending library of books, videos, DVDs and other materials
- Consultation visit/interview (free)
- 24hour availability for emergencies/concerns
- Prenatal visits every four weeks until 36 weeks of pregnancy
- every two weeks from 36 weeks to birth
- weekly after 40 weeks until you have your baby.
- We will see you more often if needed or desired.
- Continuous labor support in your home when active labor is established
- Care during labor, birth & immediate postpartum until mother and baby are settled (2-3 hours).
- Postpartum and well baby visits during the first few days at your home, at 10-14 days and at 6 weeks postpartum at the office.
“La Bassine: A compact portable tub, with adequate depth and room for moving around.The use of the birth pool is included in the home birth midwifery fee and will be available to you by 37 weeks. Each client purchases their own disposable liner. This may be ordered with your birth kit from InHisHands.com. The pool includes a lead free hose for filling and a hose for draining, as well as cover to keep the heat in when not in use.”
Newborn Hearing Screening –
Provided for all clients of West Michigan Midwifery through the State of Michigan in your home for no additional fee. Clients of other homebirth practices are welcome to schedule a Newborn Hearing Screening with us either in your home for a fee of $85 or in the office for $60. Please call to schedule.
I offer an hour consultation with you to share information about pregnancy and birth, and the services offered. It is a time for you and your partner to meet me in person and ask any questions that you have regarding my experience, training, services and homebirth with West Michigan Midwifery. Please click the button below to fill out a short questionnaire and I will contact you to schedule a time to meet with you.